Girl Scout First Headquarters
Savannah, GA 31401
Sunday - Saturday: 10:00a - 4:00p
The Andrew Low carriage house was built in 1848 and was the Girl Scout First Headquarters. Juliette Gordon Low, who was the founder of the Girl Scouts, converted the carriage house into the Girl Scout Headquarters shortly after she founded Girl Scouting in March, 1912, in Savannah, Georgia.
Juliette Gordon Low willed the Headquarters building to the Girl Scouts of Savannah, GA upon her death in 1927. The building was in continuous use for Girl Scout Troop activities, adult training, and administrative offices from 1912 to 1985.
On January 15, 1996 the First Headquarters building reopened to the public as a Girl Scout museum, program center and gift shop. It offers exciting interactive educational experiences for Girl Scouts and the community.