Saint John's Episcopal Church
Savannah, GA 31402
Saint John's Episcopal Church was formed in 1841 from the growing Christ Church, Savannah, as part of a plan to increase Episcopal presence in Georgia.
The current church building which was designed in the Gothic Revival style and was consecrated in May, 1853. It has the simple look of a British parish house and has a ship's mast which is located in the center of its only spire
The present Parish House is located in the historic Green-Meldrim House.
Saint Johns Episcopal Church is known for its melodious chimes and magnificent stained glass widows depicting various scenes from the New Testament.
Today, the Parish continues to use the 1928 Book of Common Prayer.