Bay Street between Lincoln & Abercorn Streets
Salzburger Park is adjacent to Emmett Park on Bay Street. The park is a about a 1/2 acre and is marked by a sign, The Salzburger Monument of Reconciliation and its historical marker. The Salzburger Monument of Reconciliation was shipped from Austria and was presented to the City of Savannah in 1994. The Salzburger Monument pays tribute to the Lutheran Protestants who sought religious freedom in Georgia after being expelled from their homeland. The first group of German-speaking Lutherans, known as the Salzburgers, landed near the monument site in 1734 and soon settled in Ebenezer, north of Savannah.