200 Abercorn Street
Colonial Park Cemetery is located in the heart of Savannah's Historic District and served as Savannah’s primary public cemetery from 1750 to 1853. It was established in 1750 and by 1789 had expanded by 300 percent to the current size of six acres. Colonial Park Cemetery contains over nine thousand graves. Among those buried here are Button Gwinnett, a signer of the Declaration of Independence. This cemetery is a popular stop for local ghost tours, including one walking tour that goes right through the cemetery at night.
The park-like cemetery is the oldest intact municipal cemetery in Savannah. It has been closed to interments since 1853. The cemetery became a city park in 1896. Colonial Park Cemetery is the oldest intact municipal cemetery in Savannah.
Time to spend: 1 -2 hours
November - March 8:00a - 5:00p
April - October 8:00a - 8:00p